Sunday, November 14, 2010

That was a lovely tackle

What a fabulous first weekend in Bermuda! I think the only thing that could have made it better would have been having Nick here to enjoy as well, but I will be sure to see that his first weekend was as great as mine.

I arrived at the airport on Friday afternoon. My buddy was at the airport waiting, sign in hand. I had heard about Bermuda shorts, but they weren't kidding. He had lime green Bermuda shorts with a maroon sweater and navy socks pulled all the way up. He put me in a cab and followed the cab in his scooter. I got settled at the hotel and then went out with him and another few coworkers. We had a few drinks and then headed back for an early night.

Saturday was quite a day! There are 8 of us that all arrived in Bermuda on Friday that are starting with the firm tomorrow. We had scooter training all morning/afternoon before we were unleashed onto the scooters. Needless to say I was somewhat nervous about the scooters. My parents know of all the accidents I had when I first started driving a car and I was just hoping I wouldn't have a similar record on the scooter. Some pics of scooter training.





After we completed the training and got our new scooters, we all went for a late lunch at a pub not too far from our hotel. Knowing that college football was on was pretty tough! Every tv in the pub was tuned to English football (aka soccer) and I was missing home. HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES!!! So glad for another win!

Saturday night we attended the Bermuda Rugby final. The rugby competition consisted of 10 or so teams that played all week. There were two games on Saturday night, USA v. Argentina for 3rd place and New Zealand v. South Africa for the winner/final. USA lost horribly 40something to 0 and New Zealand won the final. The rugby match was interesting, a lot like American football without pads. The match felt like a big high school football game but was great. There was also a tent with a band and lots of drinks after. Such a good time!!






Saturday was such a fun day! I couldn't have had more fun! Tomorrow I will post pictures on my wandering around the island on Sunday!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment