Saturday, November 20, 2010

I survived my first week!!

Good morning all!! So I am happy to report that I survived my first week in Bermuda and at PwC Bermuda. Things went quite well actually. The first couple of days were spent in classroom type trainings, then the last few days were spent doing all the errands I needed to do while juggling a laundry list of self studies that I was required to do.

Moving to a different country proves to be a bit of a hassle when you think of everything you need to do. New health insurance, new bank account, new cel phone, new everything. I was running around like a bit of a crazy person. Also, the majority of my time not doing trainings was spent looking for accomodations. The group had a good laugh at me b/c I think I saw nearly every 1 bedroom on the island. While it was a bit daunting it forced me to get on the scooter with my map and head to all the different parishes to look at places. 1 bedroom apartments are EXPENSIVE. It was a bit of a shock to get used to for me at first. A decent one bedroom apartment (600 sq feet) is going to cost you around $1,800-$2,000. A LOT more then what I paid to own my 3 bedroom townhome, but its about the experience.

Thursday a few from my new group went out for Mexican food for dinner. We all wanted a treat after the first week and of course I wouldn't pass up Mexican. I was sooooo excited to find a decent place that I called Nick right away, haha. I forgot my camera unfortunately; however, we did come back to our hotel and had a couple more drinks. The guys and me and Lynsey!



Friday was spent doing some trainings and viewing apartments. I found the place!! If you can believe it, traffic in Bermuda can get quite bad, taking 45 minutes from one side of the island into the "city." 45 minutes doesn't seem bad but on a scooter in the rain thats a LONG time. Needless to say, when I got information on a place less than a mile from the city I immediately jumped into looking. I couldn't pass it up. I signed on right on the spot. It is a guest house of a larger estate that has been converted into apartments. It has a pool and a separate bedroom and was inside my budget, almost too good to be true. Also, no crazy landlords!!

After I secured the apartment, I headed to pick up my gym pass and do a quick workout. After, I met up with Lynsey and her team at the "Ferrari bar." It has half of a ferrari in the wall and is quite cool. Also, while walking downtown there was a cruise ship docked. It's funny to see the cruise ship because it is so much bigger then anything else on the island.




I'm headed out to my first Bermuda workout class. Hopefully, I will feel the burn like in the US. Have a great day, mine should be fun! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment