Sunday, December 26, 2010

We're dreaming of a sandy Christmas!!

Christmas Day! I never understood the fascination with a White Christmas. I know it's the number 1 selling single of all time, but when I was young, I never wanted to waste valuable snow on a day on which I didn't have to go to school. Now of course, if it's going to be under 30 (-1C for my metric friends), I guess it might as well snow if it's going to be bitter cold so I do understand that. But I truly believe that if Bing Crosby had ever had a day like ours, we'd all be singing about dreaming of a sandy Christmas at a place like this.

A day like today is THE reason we moved here. It was beautiful. We me out friend Lynsey downtown at the bus station for the short ride to paradise, taking a picture in front of the Town Christmas Tree first.


It is a tradition for the Expats who don't leave the island to spend the day at Elbow Bay Beach, enjoying champagne and great food and the weather couldn't have been more cooperative. We spent a couple hours working up an appetite in the sun before heading inside for Christmas Lunch at Lido's restaurant which sits right on the beach. The food was amazing, we spent about 3 hours there for lunch so I probably ate more in one sitting than I have the entire time I've been here! We also had a Thieving Secret Santa party, where you can steal other people's gifts. Our table was able to accrue most of the wine and champagne bottles that were picked as gifts. We then proceeded to waddle back down to the beach and enjoy our gifts for a bit longer. We ventured back to the bus stop when it started to get dark. However, we had a while to wait so we were able open our last bottle of wine while we waited. We got back home and relaxed after a busy day. 





Boxing Day...

In Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and Australia, Boxing Day is primarily known as a shopping holiday, much as Black Friday in the US. It is a time where shops have sales, often with dramatic price decreases. For many merchants, Boxing Day has become the day of the year with the greatest revenue.

As our Christmas was celebrated sans gifts and there's not a lot of shopping in Bermuda, we celebrated Boxing Day in a more Bermudian fashion. Today we went to another beach, Horseshoe Bay. though the weather wasn't as nice, it still wasn't snowing!!







Hope ya'll had a fabulous Christmas and Boxing Day!!! We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment