Thursday, December 30, 2010

The new ride!!!

So a few weeks ago, I passed my driving test. Similarly to the US, to get a driver's license in Bermuda you first have to pass a written test about driving laws and regulations and then you are able to take your driving test.

I, thinking I have been driving for more then 10 years, didn't feel the need to study. Needless to say, I didn't end up passing the written test the first time around. Second times a charm! After taking the written test, I went and took the driving test a few days later. Nick has passed the written test and is taking the driving test next week. If you haven't heard, he fell on his first ride on the bike, so has been apprehensive about getting back on.

 After I passed my test, I was legally able to purchase a bike and did a bit of shopping around. We wanted a big enough bike that we could "double" easily (i.e. both of us ride on it together) so we wouldn't have to purchase more than one. Also, from a number of discussions and shopping around I went with a 125cc bike. In Bermuda, a scooter is considered to be that with a 50 cc engine, whereas a motorcycle is anything above 50, but less than 150cc. 150cc's is the fastest bike allowed on the island which can go approx. 100km an hour.

A few pics of the new ride. When Nick gets back on will be sure to post some pics of us:)


The pictures were taken on Christmas Day, right before we headed to the beach. Our week has been pretty uneventful, lots of football, relaxing and enjoying time together before busy season gears up in full fashion. Hope ya'll have enjoyed the week, we will be back soon to blog about New Year's festivities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment