Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sally Bum Bum


The Sally Bum Bum is a 50 foot Catamaran charter boat that is very popular on the island. It's a blast! I have been out on it twice so far. Our first experience was for my birthday on May 13. We went out on a night cruise through the Hamilton sound. It was defininitely a great birthday event, scenic boat tour through a tropical paradise with our friends. Boat holds about 40-45 people comfortably. It was fairly windy the first night, definitely not swimming weather, so it basically turned into a dancing party.





The second time I went out was during the week so unfortunately Sarah wasn't able to come with us. This one was more of an exploration than a floating party. We went out around the dockyard down to David's Island. If you remember my post about the sailing trip when we passed around the HMS Vixen shipwreck and how it was my goal to dive on it, well, mission accomplished. We pulled up to the boat for about a half an hour. Plenty of time to break in my new snorkeling equipment. There were more fish swimming around the boat than I had seen in one place (up to that point). We even found some sea cucumbers. I picked one up and got a funny picture looking like I was taking a bite out of it. Chris also picked one up but that one shot some kind of liquid out of one of it's ends so I don't think he wanted to put it near his face. Had I known that I probably wouldn't have done it either. Guess I got lucky on that one. After swimming around for a bit, we got back on the boat and a huge school of fish swam by. The LOVE them some potato chips. Threw some overboard and watched the ensuing feeding frenzy. They chased the boat for quite a ways trying to get some more too. We eventually made our way back to the Hamilton. I am going out this Sunday again for Holly's farewell cruise, unfortunately Sarah had to go to Toronto for work so she's going to miss this one too. I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Norwegian Cruisline and Celebrity Cruiseline docked at the Royal Navy Dockyard
Approaching the HMS Vixen
Hanging off the front of the Vixen
Found a couple sea cucumbers. Didn't actually bite it.
Fish LOVE Potato chips!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment