Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pub Golf

The beginning of the month started off pretty slow. Sarah worked a lot and I went back to Virginia to do some wedding planning and see my family while I am waiting for my work permit to get approved, which by the way, I am still waiting!! Trip home was great, got to play golf with my father and grandfather and eat lots of cheeseburgers and pizza. Also went to the mall and Wal-Mart which I have a new found appreciation for. Bought a ton of stuff to bring back and despite having to pay a 25% import duty on a lot of the things I bring back, it's still a great deal. I got back on St. Patrick's Day, but didn't do too much as I had to wake up at 2:15 in the morning to get to Dulles in time. Thanks Dad for driving me!!!

Anyways, first full day back, I went on my first pub golf outing. Basically, for those of you who don't know what this is, you get dressed up in golf wear, the more ridiculous the better, and "play" 9 holes (bars). Decided not to go 18 as that would have cost a fortune and well, we aren't 21 anymore. Just like golf, the object of the game is to have the least amount of strokes as possible. Except a stroke is how my drinks you take from your drink to finish it. Luckily from my days as a pledge, this proved to be rather easy and I was able to get a hole in one on all 9 holes. Did I mention the object was to dress up ridiculous??






No comments:

Post a Comment